Once again, another Steam Early Access game has caught my eye. Hand of Fate is a deck-building RPG/action game being developed by Defiant Development. Hand of Fate completed a successful Kickstarter campaign last year and is now available on Steam Early Access.
Players collect cards used to deal out a boardgame-like dungeon filled with enemies, treasure, and adventure. The cards come to life as you collect and play them and not in the Hearthstone way (particle and elemental effects). Players will be able to bear witness to their cards causing carnage upon entering combat as the player will be propelled into a beautiful 3D environment.
Some of the key features of the game include:
- Tabletop card game brought to vivid life.
- A unique take on rogue-like gameplay.
- Visceral action-RPG combat.
- Game changing gear and items make every play through unique.
- Hundreds of encounters, items, armor, weapons, artifacts, and mysteries to unlock.
- Unique deck building mechanics let you customise your own adventure, as you seek to defeat the Jack, Queen and King of each suit.